We are on the lookout for experienced Support Workers to join the team in Ashfield!
You will have the opportunity to be part of an environment that encourages professional and personal growth as well as further training and career development.
This opportunity is perfect for a candidate that:
- Likes to work on a flexible roster to suit their schedule (morning, afternoon and night shifts available)
- wants to specialise in the disability sector
- enjoy building work relationship with community, participants and their families
We are currently looking for energetic and passionate Support Workers to join our Accommodation Services team in Ashfield.
As a Support Worker, you will work collaboratively within the team to support and provide service to participants in line with the values of the organisation. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Helping participants explore their interests and hobbies through range of programs and recreational activities.
- Transporting participants to events and appointments.
- Admin duties such as completing progress notes, charts and incidental reports.
- Providing personal care including toileting, showering, dressing and feeding as required.
If this is you and you have a genuine passion and caring attitude towards individuals living with disabilities, then we are looking for you to come and work for us!
Uni/college students and those looking for career change are welcome to apply.
- Ability and willingness to provide personal care and support activities of daily living in a residential setting
- High level of resilience and emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated flexibility in methods of alternative and augmentative communication, particularly being able to use active listening skills
- Certificate 3 in Individual Support or related (desirable)
- Current driver licence (minimum P2)
- Satisfactory background checks including NDIS Workers Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR (HLTAID011)
- Covid-19 Vaccination (minimum 3 doses)
Why Work for Us?
In return for your skills and experience you will receive:
- Salary Packaging: Increase your take-home money with $15,900 not-for-profit salary packaging through Maxxia: Salary Packaging | Maxxia and enjoy a meals & entertainment card.
- Training and career progression: Our In house Learning and Development team offering ongoing career development support to staff.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: A dynamic EAP partner who supports our staff with free confidential counselling.
- Rewards and recognition program: We recognise the efforts and achievements of our valued staff members with morning teas, lunches, gift cards, certificates, and personalised letters from the CEO.
- Employee Discounts: Discounts with 500+ gyms across NSW, CommBank, Winc and Medibank corporate insurance cover.
- Other Benefits: Paid Parental and Partner Leave, purchase additional leave after 1 year of service and tenure-based service reward leave.
- A rewarding career where you contribute to make a difference in the community and in people’s lives