Who Are We?
Ability Options provides employment and disability services to people who need assistance to achieve their aspirations and inclusion the community. We operate services to support people with disabilities and those whose lives are changed as a result of accidents, unemployment and disadvantage.
We are committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people and people with disability.
We are currently seeking experienced Team Leaders to join our Sydney Accommodation team within the Hills District.
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a busy Group Home. Along with managing daily administration, operations and compliance tasks, you will be providing leadership, support and supervision and act as a mentor and guide to a team of Disability Support Workers, modelling best-practice principles with a person-centred approach.
Within the Team Leader role, you will be required to assist people as they move through all aspects of daily living with support tailored to their individual needs and wishes. We need you to be professional but friendly; a creative thinker with a positive outlook on life and a passion for seeing people at their best. We also need you to be an advocate for people’s rights, and a good coach as you work with participants to move towards greater independence and personal fulfilment.
You will need to be confident in supporting people with personal care and medical needs. Building rapport and taking the time to get to know each person you’re working with is essential. A major part of your role is supporting individuals to build community connections and natural support networks.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the disability sector or experience in a similar role, and/or relevant life experience
- Ability to liaise effectively with people being supported, families, community groups, other employees and external agencies
- Ability to set outcomes and develop work methods where general work procedures are not defined.
- Knowledge of quality and compliance requirements across all services
- Knowledge of duty of care versus dignity of risk
- Problem solving skills
- Current NSW Driver Licence (minimum P2)
- Current First Aid Certificate (minimum HLTAID003)
- Current NSW Working with Children’s Check (for paid employment)
- Ability to undergo a satisfactory National Police Check
- Computer literacy through the effective use of Microsoft Office suite
Why Work for Us?
When you join Ability Options you will experience a vibrant, values driven organisation where the people we support are at the centre of everything we do.
In return for your skills and experience you will receive a competitive remuneration package, access to Fitness passport, a rewards and recognition program and the ability to significantly increase your take home pay with not-for profit salary packaging.