Who Are We?
Ability Options provides employment and disability services to people who need assistance to achieve their aspirations and inclusion the community. We operate services to support people with disabilities and those whose lives are changed as a result of accidents, unemployment and disadvantage.
We are committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people and people with disability.
Are you a fun loving individual with a passion for people? Do you enjoy making the most of every moment and facing the future with possibility thinking? Ability Options is looking for someone like you.
Disability Support Workers have the privilege of working alongside people every day to ensure they are living a full and active life both in the community and in their home. As a Support Worker you are keen to ensure people feel listened to, valued and that they are capable of achieving amazing things. You like to celebrate the small achievements and the big life changing moments, and you know that this looks different for everyone. You see contribution as important, and the conversation about human rights is always on the table. We know you’ll enjoy learning from us, and we’ll learn a lot from you to. You will be able to assist our people with in home direct support, personal care, transportation and being out in the community.
Do you feel you are a best fit for this role? If so, we can’t wait to meet you as we are seeking Support Workers to join the team in a casual full-time or part-time capacity.
Essential Requirements of the role:
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with complex, high support needs
- Willingness to assist with personal care
- Acquired Brian injury training
- Mental health training
- Trauma informed practise and support
- Person-centred focus
- Experience with complex medical support needs
- Behaviour support and restricted practises training
- Current NSW driver licence (minimum P2)
- Working with Children’s Check (paid employment)
- Willingness to complete a Police Check
- Current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- Certificate III in Disability Services (desirable)
- Full availability for a 24/7 roster
- Right to work in Australia
- Intermediate computer and digital technology skills
Please note: This role is on a 24/7 roster, so you will need full availability for days, afternoons, nights, sleepovers and weekends.
Please submit your resume with a covering letter which details your suitability for this diverse and exciting opportunity.
Why Work for Us?
When you join Ability Options you will experience a vibrant, values driven organisation where the people we support are at the centre of everything we do.
In return for your skills and experience you will receive a competitive remuneration package, access to Fitness passport, a rewards and recognition program and the ability to significantly increase your take home pay with not-for profit salary packaging.