Who Are We?
Northern Beaches Interchange supports local people with disability and their families ensuring they are empowered and supported to participate fully in community life.
We are committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people and people with disability
The Role - What We're Looking For
We require a passionate and experienced Human Services Coordinator to lead a team of Support Workers providing 1:1 supports for participants receiving NDIS services, as well as maintain ongoing relationships with participants in the direct support space.
You will lead service delivery activities for participants with NDIS approved plans, as well as participants utilising fee for service arrangements. You will be responsible to liaise with our customer base, funding bodies, other referring organisations, as well as capitalise on our broader marketing campaigns. A focus on accreditation and compliance based tasks relevant to underpinning framework and legislation will also be a crucial part of the role.
- Proven experience within a human services field
- Understanding and working knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Understanding of underpinning NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Framework requirements as well as associated legislative requirements and how these translate into service delivery
- Strong customer focus and person-centred approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service focus
- Current drivers licence (Minimum P2)
- First Aid Certificate
- Working With Children’s Check clearance and National Police Check clearance
- Ability to travel between Bella Vista (Head Office) and the Northern Beaches.
Why Work for Us?
This is an opportunity to join a passionate locally connected team that works to enrich the lives of people living with a disability.
In return for your skills and experience you will receive a competitive remuneration package, access to Fitness passport, a rewards and recognition program and the ability to significantly increase your take home pay with not-for profit salary packaging.