Who Are We?
Ability Options provides employment and disability services to people who need assistance to achieve their aspirations and inclusion in the community. We operate services to support people with disabilities and those whose lives are changed as a result of accidents, unemployment and disadvantage.
We are committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people and people with disability.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Speech Pathologist to work within a multidisciplinary/ interdisciplinary team of experienced Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, and Physiotherapists as well as other Speech Pathologists. You will use your knowledge and experience to provide therapy support a variety of people, and working across different environments, such as at their homes, day programs, schools, workplaces and in the community. You will be working towards holistic functional goals as a Speech Pathologist, providing support for goals related to communication and mealtimes, while working closely with others in the team.
- Relevant tertiary education in Speech Pathology
- Minimum P2 NSW drivers licence
- Working With Children’s Check for paid employment (or willingness to obtain)
- Proven experience working with those with complex needs
- Knowledge of and ability to communicate with key signs
- Previous experience completing SP specific assessments and reports
- Commitment to people and providing quality services
- Knowledge of the Disability Service Standards
- Working with billable targets and NDIS framework
- Working with individuals with sensory processing needs
- Paediatric experience
This position is currently available as a 12 month, maximum term opportunity.
Why Work for Us?
When you join Ability Options you will experience a vibrant, values driven organisation where the people we support are at the centre of everything we do.
In return for your skills and experience you will receive a competitive remuneration package, access to Fitness passport, a rewards and recognition program and the ability to significantly increase your take home pay with not-for profit salary packaging.