Who Are We?
Ability Options provides employment and disability services to people who need assistance to achieve their aspirations and inclusion in the community. We operate services to support people with disabilities and those whose lives are changed as a result of accidents, unemployment and disadvantage.
We are committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people and people with disability.
We are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join our friendly and dynamic Payroll team. As the Payroll Officer, you will be reporting to the Payroll Manager and will be responsible for administering, monitoring and processing the fortnightly pay run for our 1200+ staff. You will be experienced in using Sage Micropay and Timeteq, and you will take a hands on approach to ensuring that all staff are paid in accordance with relevant fair work legislation.
This position is a 12-month max-term opportunity, covering for our Payroll Officer who will be undertaking parental leave.
- Manage timely and accurate processing of designated fortnightly payroll
- Calculate and process adjustments and ad-hoc payments
- Produce and balance the general ledger
- Pay employees consistent with appropriate Award or agreement
- Prepare and balance PAYG tax, superannuation, workers compensation and other authorised payroll deductions
- Maintain both computerised and paper based filing systems
- Be point of contact for all payroll enquiries
- Working knowledge of Sage Micropay and Timeteq
- Experience in all aspects of an end-to-end payroll function
- Understanding of relevant legislation relating to the ATO, and employee payments and entitlements
- Previous exposure to salary packaging and fringe benefits
- Ability to work effectively with multiple Awards
Why Work for Us?
When you join Ability Options you will experience a vibrant, values driven organisation where the people we support are at the centre of everything we do.
In return for your skills and experience you will receive a competitive remuneration package, access to Fitness passport, a rewards and recognition program and the ability to significantly increase your take home pay with not-for profit salary packaging.