Who Are We?
Ability Options provides employment and disability services to people who need assistance to achieve their aspirations and inclusion the community. We operate services to support people with disabilities and those whose lives are changed as a result of accidents, unemployment and disadvantage.
We are committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people and people with disability.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic HR generalist who loves challenges and being involved in both operational and strategic projects, such as organisational development, workforce planning, employee engagement, leadership program, and talent retention strategies to support our Employment Services division. You will be adding value to the business and be the trusted advisor to the mid and senior level of management.
This is a full time role, reporting to the General Manager of Employment Services with dotted line reporting to General Manager Human Resources, predominantly based in our Bella Vista head office, but you might be required to travel to our other locations across the Sydney region.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Build strong partnerships, working collaboratively with operational managers
- Drive employee engagement and retention initiatives through effective communication strategies, leadership, learning and development initiatives
- Ensure adequate workforce metrics are maintained to manage success and identify areas of improvement
- Assist with change management process to improve workplace culture
- Provide expert advice and support with regards to complex people management practices including performance management, disciplinary procedures, workplace grievances and investigations, conflict management and compliance breaches
- Provide accurate advice on HR and ER/IR matters including awards, legislation, policy and procedures.
We are looking for a collaborative and driven HR generalist who is looking for a new challenge. You have to be comfortable dealing in a fast paced and constantly changing environment, as well as operating in an industry sector that has to comply with governance and mandatory reporting requirements. You have proven experience dealing with an array of HR and ER/IR matters. You are passionate about empowering others through coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing.
Why Work for Us?
When you join Ability Options you will experience a vibrant, values driven organisation where the people we support are at the center of everything we do.
In return for your skills and experience you will receive a competitive remuneration package, access to Fitness passport, a rewards and recognition program and the ability to significantly increase your take home pay with not-for profit salary packaging.