Who Are We?
Northern Beaches Interchange supports local people with disability and their families ensuring they are empowered and supported to participate fully in community life.
We are committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people and people with disability
As an Activity Leader with NBI, you will be responsible for facilitating engaging social, recreational and/or skill building activities for children, young people and adults living with a disability, with a focus on fun and creatively supporting inclusion and independence.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a similar role or the disability sector
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate (HLTAID004 or above)
- Current NSW drivers licence (P2 or above, LRV is highly regarded)
- Paid Working With Children Check clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Disability, Education, or similar sector (desirable but not essesntial)
- Sound knowledge and use of various systems, including rostering and reporting systems
Do you feel you are best fit for this role? If so, we can’t wait to meet you as we are seeking an Activity Leader to join our team in a part-time capacity.
Why Work for Us?
This is an opportunity to join a passionate locally connected team that works to enrich the lives of people living with a disability.
In return for your skills and experience you will receive a competitive remuneration package, access to Fitness passport, a rewards and recognition program and the ability to significantly increase your take home pay with not-for profit salary packaging.